Chey Davis, Masters of Arts
Context is key. And most of us have not been given the time or the skills to understand many of the forces that have profound effects on our lives. While your feelings are real/valid/happening to you now, there are experiences, history, culture and society to contend with. Each of these things can have a profound effect on your sense of wellness.
We can work together to:
- gently untie knots,
- rewrite rules that no longer support you,
- work through depression and anxiety,
- get support with ADHD,
- gender affirmation,
- support you through parenting and family concerns, and
- create a sense of wellbeing at work.
She is open to new clients. Chey has been an Associate Professor of English at Delta College in University Center, Michigan, for a number of years and brings with experience with higher education. She specializes in teaching social justice under the guise of English. Chey is the author of one chapbook, Collection, with BiteMarks Press, and is a member of the Broken Nose Collective.
“I work with a trauma informed, gender and sexuality affirming lens. You are welcome to our time together as your fullest self, always. I enjoy working with children and teenagers, and college students especially. I also enjoy working with adults as individuals and in couples. I am glad you are reaching out for the support you deserve. “ – Chey
Why some people choose private pay/life coaching-
One of the many reasons why private payment options work well in the private practice setting is because some clients may lose their health insurance after treatment has begun. Receiving private payments allows clients the option to continue services, instead of leaving our practice and finding a new provider who does take their insurance. Another reason, some clients may not want others to know they are receiving services, some for privacy reasons, safety reasons, and even stigma.
- No insurance equals less documentation. This results in more quality time to focus on treatment.
- Mental health diagnosis is not mandatory and not submitted to your private health records.
- More services are allowed without restrictions such as online counseling and tele-counseling.
- No limit on amount of sessions or time of your session.
- You are guaranteed privacy and confidentiality.
- Stigma of some diagnoses can often be avoided.
- Private pay clients are able to choose the focus, duration, and frequency of treatment . You are even allowed to choose the length of sessions.
- Research shows that clients who have to pay something for their treatment have more positive outcomes that those who receive free treatment.
- Sliding scale rates can be offered to clients paying private pay. This means that privately paying clients can actually pay less than those who pay with insurance.
- You or your child won’t be labeled with a mental health diagnosis unless you request this type of assessment.
Contact our office to schedule your Life Coaching sessions!